Which Linux Systems on Obsidian Laptops

beatosch
beatosch
edited August 2017 in Linux
Hi to all, im new here. I was searching no a while for some useful Laptop computer and, finally, found Obsidian-PC.

But, before i go to buy one i have one question wich for me is the kill point:
Does the hardware support Linux Systems, and, which ones work fine?

I'm used to severeal linuxes but my preeferred ones are Fedora, Rosa Rx (=Mandriva) various Arch, Slack and Debian distros i also use.

So what i search is to be able to run different OS's on one machine including Win7, Win10 and some Linuxes using GRUB2 while i love experimenting ;)

May someone has experiances with that?

Saludos de las ilslas canarias!
Beat Conradin

• OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    beatosch wrote: »
    Hi to all, im new here. I was searching no a while for some useful Laptop computer and, finally, found Obsidian-PC.

But, before i go to buy one i have one question wich for me is the kill point:
    Does the hardware support Linux Systems, and, which ones work fine?

I'm used to severeal linuxes but my preeferred ones are Fedora, Rosa Rx (=Mandriva) various Arch, Slack and Debian distros i also use.

So what i search is to be able to run different OS's on one machine including Win7, Win10 and some Linuxes using GRUB2 while i love experimenting ;)

May someone has experiances with that?

Saludos de las ilslas canarias!
    Beat Conradin

We have no problem running Linux, we usually go for Ubuntu or Elementary but we also tried Debian and CentOS, all working good in any of or units.
  • beatosch
    beatosch
    well this sounds nice in my ears :)

Thank you for responding me that fast.

May i ask another question wich passed one day ago:
    Theres one of my clients looking for some Laptop for his girlfriend. But shes not that we would call an expert, you understand.
    Heres my question:
    Do you support also persons using your machines with no skills at all in every way?
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    beatosch wrote: »
    well this sounds nice in my ears :)

Thank you for responding me that fast.

May i ask another question wich passed one day ago:
    Theres one of my clients looking for some Laptop for his girlfriend. But shes not that we would call an expert, you understand.
    Heres my question:
    Do you support also persons using your machines with no skills at all in every way?

Sure, and we have some popular models in that area, specially for Windows Office/Web work or general Linux stuff, check out the models N131BU and N240BU.
  • beatosch
    beatosch
    THX i will show that to the client - well see!