Undervolting and other tweaks for an laptop by Obsidian

Mirko0
Mirko0
I recently got my new P670 and i am really satisfied so far with the machine.

I have heard that you can further manage heat and noise levels with undervolting of CPU and GPU.

Undervolting the CPU with Throttlestop is easy, but what about the GPU? Which tool should i use? MSI Afterburner?

My other question is, what tweaks and tools you recommend further for an Obsidian laptop? The machine cannot be perfect out of the box, so this isn't by any means to be read as criticism. I just want to know, what else i can do. On my own risk for sure. This question is in regards to software and hardware. I have no problem with opening up a laptop or PC, have been doing this for over 25 years now.

Kudos for the great Obsidian tools btw.!

• OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    Mirko0 wrote: »
    I recently got my new P670 and i am really satisfied so far with the machine.

I have heard that you can further manage heat and noise levels with undervolting of CPU and GPU.

Undervolting the CPU with Throttlestop is easy, but what about the GPU? Which tool should i use? MSI Afterburner?

My other question is, what tweaks and tools you recommend further for an Obsidian laptop? The machine cannot be perfect out of the box, so this isn't by any means to be read as criticism. I just want to know, what else i can do. On my own risk for sure. This question is in regards to software and hardware. I have no problem with opening up a laptop or PC, have been doing this for over 25 years now.

Kudos for the great Obsidian tools btw.!

We always send a ready made profile for your unit, didnt you get one?

For GPU you can use Afterburner, it´s the best out there.
  • Mirko0
    Mirko0
    I'm new to ThrottleStop. Is there only 1 profile or several each for standard, undervolting or overclocking?
    I will have my laptop again in the evening and can check. I did not notice selectable profiles or similar.
    MSI Afterburner i will try also. Thanks so far!
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    I'm new to ThrottleStop. Is there only 1 profile or several each for standard, undervolting or overclocking?
    I will have my laptop again in the evening and can check. I did not notice selectable profiles or similar.
    MSI Afterburner i will try also. Thanks so far!

I was saying that we send the profiles that we make for each client unit, we send them with the laptop in a USB pen.
    Maybe you did not buy your laptop from us?
  • Mirko0
    Mirko0
    I did buy the laptop from you and have the USB stick. How do i find the profiles you made?
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    I did buy the laptop from you and have the USB stick. How do i find the profiles you made?

It´s usually inside the USB pen, probably at USB PEN / OBSIDIAN TOOLS / Throttlestop / Throttlestop.ini <- this is the file.

Also, the file is already applied when we send the laptop, unless you re-installed Windows or bought without HDD.

Was Throttlestop already starting on boot when you received the laptop?