Some questions...

excess
excess
Hi, you say the laptops are linux friendly but I have some questions.

- The default wifi and bluetooth card works out of the box with linux (debian)?
- Could I switch off keyboard lights on N870HK1 laptop with a harware switch or it's controlled by windows software?
- Does this model use Optimus Technology? in that case, could I deactivate it in BIOS?

Thanks in advance.

• OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    excess wrote: »
    Hi, you say the laptops are linux friendly but I have some questions.

- The default wifi and bluetooth card works out of the box with linux (debian)?
    - Could I switch off keyboard lights on N870HK1 laptop with a harware switch or it's controlled by windows software?
    - Does this model use Optimus Technology? in that case, could I deactivate it in BIOS?

Thanks in advance.

Yes the Wifi are supported, unless you are running a really old kernel.
    You can turn on and off the keyboard back-light and adjust the light intensity (+ or -)
    This model does not have Optimus, if you want to disable NVIDIA you will need to install drivers in linux to disable it, NVIDIA drivers for Linux already allows for this.
  • excess
    excess
    I'm not talking about disable nvidia card, I'm talking about disable optimus technology and select intel or nvidia from bios. If you say nvidia drivers works ok then it's allright.

thanks
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    excess wrote: »
    I'm not talking about disable nvidia card, I'm talking about disable optimus technology and select intel or nvidia from bios. If you say nvidia drivers works ok then it's allright.

thanks

Yes i know, there´s no switch in the BIOS.