USB issues on P775DM3-G

amundsen
amundsen
Hello,

I have two issues with USB.

1. The two USB ports on the left of the P775DM3-G seem much less compliant than the two on the right. PEripherals are often not detected when connected on the left. For instance: Leap Motion, MIDI devices, Sensel Morph, iPad. At least there's an issue with the system detection because most of the time there's not the chilme sound which Windows 10 produces when a peripheral is connected (which happens normally on the right ports). The ports do not seem to have a hardware malfunction. For instance, USB flash drives can be used normally.
2. When the computer goes to sleep and wakes up, my soundcard (MOTU Ultralite3 Hybrid) cannot be found anymore (even if it's connected on the right side). Is there a way to at least reconnect it logically without having to unplug and replug it (it's bad for the loudspeakers) or restarting the computer (my live music setup takes time to be configured at each startup, so I prefer not to restart).

• amundsen
    amundsen
    Ah, and yes, I noticed issue #1 from day 1 with the computer...
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    Usually there´s not much to it, it either works or it does not.
    When the hardware is working, the detection or non detection, is usually related to Intel drivers or Windows itself. Are you running Windows 10 with all drivers updated? You can use our app for this.

The problem with your Motu will not probably go away, before i switched to RME i used to have a MOTU sound card too, the drivers were plain bad! The problem you are reporting used to happen to me, never managed to solve it, its even worse with USB powered devices, what i usually do is turn-on the USB charging (it means it will power devices even with laptop turned off), to activate that press FN+Power key.

To minimize all this there is some stuff you can try:
    - Go to Power option and change your power plan, disable the USB selective suspension.
    - Disable Windows Fast Startup

Let me know how it goes.
  • amundsen
    amundsen
    Usually there´s not much to it, it either works or it does not.
    When the hardware is working, the detection or non detection, is usually related to Intel drivers or Windows itself. Are you running Windows 10 with all drivers updated? You can use our app for this.

Yes, all drivers were up to date.

How do you explain some ports work fine and others don't? Are they different on left and right side?
    The problem with your Motu will not probably go away, before i switched to RME i used to have a MOTU sound card too, the drivers were plain bad! The problem you are reporting used to happen to me, never managed to solve it, its even worse with USB powered devices, what i usually do is turn-on the USB charging (it means it will power devices even with laptop turned off), to activate that press FN+Power key.

Some people say the MOTU issue could be solved using a 2.0 USB connection. So I'll try to insert a USB 2.0 hub between the MOTU and the laptop. But first I'll try your solutions.
    - Go to Power option and change your power plan,

Where do I go to achieve this?
    disable the USB selective suspension.

Where do I go to achieve this? Is it the same thing as setting off the "authorize the computer to switch off this peripheral to spare energy" checkbox for every USB controller and hub in the peripherals manager (not sure about the name, I translate from the French version of Windows) ?
    - Disable Windows Fast Startup

Done.

• amundsen
    amundsen
    - Go to Power option and change your power plan,

Where do I go to achieve this?
    disable the USB selective suspension.

Where do I go to achieve this? Is it the same thing as setting off the "authorize the computer to switch off this peripheral to spare energy" checkbox for every USB controller and hub in the peripherals manager (not sure about the name, I translate from the French version of Windows) ?