Colored keyboard resets after restarting PC

originalchc
originalchc

Hi,

This has been bugging me for a while now. Which .exe makes the flexikey app launch with the saved color configuration? If I knew, I'd add it to the Startup folder and be done with it.

I'm running a limited user account (who isn't), so most options to "run at startup" in other software don't work for me unfortunately.

In addition to this colored keyboard issue, obsidian APP also doesn't launch at startup because it wants admin privileges.

Thanks in advance and let me know if you need more info.

Model N870-HP6

• OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC

@originalchc said:
    Hi,

This has been bugging me for a while now. Which .exe makes the flexikey app launch with the saved color configuration? If I knew, I'd add it to the Startup folder and be done with it.

I'm running a limited user account (who isn't), so most options to "run at startup" in other software don't work for me unfortunately.

In addition to this colored keyboard issue, obsidian APP also doesn't launch at startup because it wants admin privileges.

Thanks in advance and let me know if you need more info.

Model N870-HP6

Why would you be running a limited account?
    By doing so a lot of stuff does not work, we have no way to change that, our app for instance, there´s no way to make it work unless you are able to give it admin privileges.

• originalchc
    originalchc
    Because that, according to MS, saves me from 93% malware. And I don't want to use antivirus software. Not sure how you missed this as it's old news. It's unreasonable for you to expect that people will be willing to compromise their machine's security for your software to work. Regarding the keyboard lighting. Why wouldn't it work? If I double-click the Flexikey app in systray, it launches and keyboard changes color to the one I set previously. I just need a shortcut to the executable and a "start minimized" launch parameter. Regarding "Obsidian-tools" - this can also run on a limited account for the purposes of checking for updates and, if any, request for admin access by UAC. There's always a way to make things work. ;)
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    Because that, according to MS, saves me from 93% malware. And I don't want to use antivirus software. Not sure how you missed this as it's old news. It's unreasonable for you to expect that people will be willing to compromise their machine's security for your software to work. Regarding the keyboard lighting. Why wouldn't it work? If I double-click the Flexikey app in systray, it launches and keyboard changes color to the one I set previously. I just need a shortcut to the executable and a "start minimized" launch parameter. Regarding "Obsidian-tools" - this can also run on a limited account for the purposes of checking for updates and, if any, request for admin access by UAC. There's always a way to make things work. ;)
    Do you mean the path to this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Hotkey\KbColorPicker.exe ?
    Is that it? Or do you mean the path to the exe that starts the systemtray thing? Hummm i think i can get you that, gimme some time to inspect.

As for the OBSIDIAN-TOOLS, it´s being re-done, so the best thing i can do in the next version is make it prompt every time it needs UAC (Android OS style i guess), are you able to give it access on request from inside that account?