P870DM2-G / P870DM3-G Discussion

OBSIDIAN PC
OBSIDIAN PC
edited August 2016 in OBSIDIAN Products

The new P870DM now with dual GTX 1070 or dual GTX 1080.

What´s new

P870DM2-G: 
-Dual Full Range AC adapter, AC in 100~240V, 50~60Hz, DC output 19.5V, 11.8A, 230W with Power Converter Box AC-200

-ESS™ SABRE HiFi DAC for High resolution headphone audio

-2 x USB 3.1 Gen2 ports (Type-C)

P870DM3-G: 
-Dual Full Range AC adapter, AC in 100~240V, 50~60Hz, DC output 19.5V, 16.9A, 330W with Power Converter Box AC-200

-ESS™ SABRE HiFi DAC for High resolution headphone audio

-2 x USB 3.1 Gen2 ports (Type-C)

Everything else remains:
G-Sync panel
2x 2,5" HDD / SSD
2x M.2 SSD PCI-E
Up to 64GB RAM
Desktop i7 CPU up to 6700k
Thunderbolt 3

Got any doubt, reply here!

• SweetyChocolate
    SweetyChocolate
    Hi, newbie here :) !

Any possibility to see some pictures of the interior of it like you did for the other models please ?
    Also, would it be possible to just put a single 1080 in it to make room for a better cooling solution maybe ?
    1080 has a tendancy to deploy a lot of heat :)

Thank you !
  • SweetyChocolate
    SweetyChocolate
    edited September 2016
    Following my previous message and to illustrate my point, i just found this picture of the previous P870DM on notebookreviews.

pGVqhHu.jpg

As you can see this one uses both fans & heatsinks to cool one gpu, which would be very useful for a single 1080.
    Is this similar with the P870DM2 ? Any availability for this model ?

Thanks.
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    Hello Sweety
    Nop that is not a good design and it was actually problematic in previous generations, where one of the cards would have temperatures a lot higher.

New version:
    X1OlWL2.jpg

Both cards have same temperatures.
  • SweetyChocolate
    SweetyChocolate
    edited September 2016
    Hello, and thanks for the quick answer !

However my picture was not one of a SLI System, it actually was a single 980 which was cooled by the 2 fans & the 2 heatsinks.

http://www.clevo.com.tw/clevo_prodetail.asp?id=948&lang=en
    http://www.clevo.com.tw/clevo_prodetail.asp?id=950&lang=en

As you can see in Clevo product page, the P870DM2 is not the same product as the P870DM3 which is the one you just linked.
    GPU is not cooled the same way in DM2 because it can actually uses the 2 vapor chambers to cool ONE single gpu.

So my question is, is there a chance you'll have a P870DM2 available ?
    That would be great for the 1080.

Edit : Edited wrong links

Edit 2 : As an additional example, here is XoticPC US Page for P870DM
    http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-98-series-laptops.html
    You can clearly see DM2 as a single-gpu laptop, similar to the one i linked above which uses the 2 fans & heatsinks for ONE gpu, and the DM3 which is the picture you posted :)
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    OHHHH i seeee
    Sorry, my bad.
    For now we are not sure if we will have a P870DM2, but later i will check it is a viable option for us.
    I need to think it through!
  • SweetyChocolate
    SweetyChocolate
    Ok thanks.

I'd like to start an official thread about barebone and custom laptops (which is still very unknown for a lot of people in europe) on a good old french forum and could use an enthusiast single-gpu model like this one to make some reviews and illustrate everything, so keep me posted if you have it someday :) !

Have a nice day
  • xplosiw
    xplosiw
    edited September 2016
    Hey,

would it be possible to make a custom order for me? I want this chassis configured with 6700k, 32gb 2800mhz RAM, 512gb m.2 NVME SSD but completely without the GPUs. Is it even possible to build this laptop without the GPUs and using the integrated Intel HD 530? How much would this setup cost? With the dual GPUs the cost is approximately 3500€ so how much lower?

And how about with a different chassis like P751DM2-G. The same components (Intel i7 6700K, 32GB (2x 16GB) G.Skill Ripjaws, 512GB OCZ RD 400) yields about 2200€ with the OS. How much would the cost be without the GTX 1060?

Thank you.
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    xplosiw wrote: »
    Hey,

would it be possible to make a custom order for me? I want this chassis configured with 6700k, 32gb 2800mhz RAM, 512gb m.2 NVME SSD but completely without the GPUs. Is it even possible to build this laptop without the GPUs and using the integrated Intel HD 530? How much would this setup cost?

Thank you.

Nop sorry, it will only work with a Dedicated GPU.
  • xplosiw
    xplosiw
    edited September 2016
    Sorry to hijack the thread but how about replacing the 6700T on the N350DW with 6700k? They use the same pins, the only problem would be potential overheating am I right? But it seems that you only have Portuguese keyboards.
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    Sorry to hijack the thread but how about replacing the 6700T on the N350DW with 6700k? They use the same pins, the only problem would be potential overheating am I right? The only problem is that you only seem to have Portuguese keyboards.

The cooling system on that unit is not enough for that CPU, only low voltage ones.
    Power would also not be enough and BIOS would need support for that.
    Sorry it´s limited to low voltage ones!

• xplosiw
    xplosiw
    I understand. I have to consider my options then. Buying a Macbook Pro seems like a waste of money, desktop isn't portable enough and OEM laptops are underpowered. I guess I could just save money for a workstation class laptop that can also play games or settle for less than 6700k for a processor. Nevertheless, it seems like this company has the best customer service & reply times so I'm going to shop here :)

Thanks a lot! By the way, I tried to checkout for fun and your system asks for a VAT number which I don't have as an individual. I don't have a company. So I can't checkout currently. Am I doing something wrong?
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    edited September 2016
    I understand. I have to consider my options then. Buying a Macbook Pro seems like a waste of money, desktop isn't portable enough and OEM laptops are underpowered. I guess I could just save money for a workstation class laptop that can also play games or settle for less than 6700k for a processor. Nevertheless, it seems like this company has the best customer service & reply times so I'm going to shop here :)

Thanks a lot! By the way, I tried to checkout for fun and your system asks for a VAT number which I don't have as an individual. I don't have a company. So I can't checkout currently. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for your words.
    That is actually a strange issue, in Portugal our laws demand that all invoices must have a TAX number, it is called "Numero de Contribuinte or NIF" in Portuguese and we all have one, in spain its the NIF or CIF, and every European country should have something like this. But a lot of clients have reported that they do not have one in their country so we will add a text there saying "write 999999999" if you don´t have one.
  • xplosiw
    xplosiw
    Oh, I see! Great, I will do that then. Thank you for your assistance, I'll get back to you guys later with an order :)
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    Oh, I see! Great, I will do that then. Thank you for your assistance, I'll get back to you guys later with an order :)

Thank you!
  • xplosiw
    xplosiw
    Hey,
    how about fitting this P870DM3-G with a single 1060? This setup except no SLI 1070s and on GTX 1060 instead:
    P870DM2-G GTX 1070 8GB SLI +€2,397.82
    Intel i7 6700K (unlocked) +€392.23
    Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut +€0.00
    16GB (1x 16GB) G.Skill Ripjaws +€99.85
    Intel Wifi AC8260 & BT4.2 +€8.98
    United Kingdom Keyboard +€41.00
    Windows 10 EN x64 +€113.93
    Zero Dead/Stuck Pixel - 1 Month +€0.00
    Free Lifetime Labor Warranty +€0.00

Total Price: €3,053.81

Is this possible and how much would the cost be?
  • xplosiw
    xplosiw
    Nevermind, I found another chassis better for my needs.
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    Nevermind, I found another chassis better for my needs.

I was about to tell you that, for single GPU we already have the P751 and P775... :)
    The all purpose of the P870 is the SLi technology.
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    Para quem instalou o Windows em Português e não consegue abrir o programa de OC do CONTROL CENTER:

http://forum.obsidian-pc.com/discussion/37/bug-control-center-cpu-ram-oc-app-guia-em-portugues

Sigam essas instruções!