How high can i go with the cpu temps?

Solf76
Solf76
So Anthem just released, for preorders and no matter what i set in settings my temp goes over 90Cs on all cores, which i dont like. I am used to 75Cs just playing other mmos.

So question number 1. How high can you go without risk of burning your cpu? (old Throttle stop had a Prochot set on 98, last i spoke to you guys you told me it wont downthrottle up until 98C, so im just wondering whats the % chance of me burning my cpu with running that game, if all cores are around 90 to 93C)

Question 2. is there some secret way of setting core values. I might get lower temps by not running 4.5ghz on 2 cores. Was thinking if i set all cores to 4.2 i could lower the temps a bit. But as soon as i set 42 and started a game laptop crashed.

its p775dm3-g with i7 7700k 32gbs ram 1080 gtx

• OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    Solf76 said:
    So Anthem just released, for preorders and no matter what i set in settings my temp goes over 90Cs on all cores, which i dont like. I am used to 75Cs just playing other mmos.

So question number 1. How high can you go without risk of burning your cpu? (old Throttle stop had a Prochot set on 98, last i spoke to you guys you told me it wont downthrottle up until 98C, so im just wondering whats the % chance of me burning my cpu with running that game, if all cores are around 90 to 93C)

Question 2. is there some secret way of setting core values. I might get lower temps by not running 4.5ghz on 2 cores. Was thinking if i set all cores to 4.2 i could lower the temps a bit. But as soon as i set 42 and started a game laptop crashed.

its p775dm3-g with i7 7700k 32gbs ram 1080 gtx
    Hello
    Personally i usually aim for temperatures to top at 90-92.
    You can use our Control Station software to tune the CPU (clocks / undervolt / etc) or you can set it in the BIOS.
    It is extremely unlike to burn the  CPU, it usually throttle downs at certain temperature, even if it goes above it it will shutdown to protect it.
  • Solf76
    Solf76
    thanks :) i did lower the graphics settings which got me to 82 - 85 range...4th core seems to pull a bit more heat.

also do you have any settings for 4.2 ghz? like how much mV, turbo boost power and turbo boost time. Would really like to have that setting that was tested by you guys.
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    My 7700K settings are: 42x / -110mv undervolt / Max Turbo Power and Max Turbo Time