Windows 10 driver updates

cgilley
cgilley
edited March 31 in Product Requests
Desperate need for you to add a check for this.  Microsoft with Windows 10 has gone bat=shit crazy.  Whatever idiot came up with the idea to "update laptop drivers to what we think is best" needs to have his ass beaten.  That said, every Windows update keeps turning off the "do not update drivers" and they wipe out your work.

What happens?   I'm typing in my editor some code and I get a blue screen.  Why?  because Microsoft has decided to re-install a bad driver from Clevo.

If you would please add a check on boot for this condition, I'll have your babies.  I don't have a uterus, but we'll work something out.  :blush:   Sort of having children, I'll happily purchase the update.  MS idiots.

Oh, if you need more details, shoot me an email.

• OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    cgilley said:
    Desperate need for you to add a check for this.  Microsoft with Windows 10 has gone bat=shit crazy.  Whatever idiot came up with the idea to "update laptop drivers to what we think is best" needs to have his ass beaten.  That said, every Windows update keeps turning off the "do not update drivers" and they wipe out your work.

What happens?   I'm typing in my editor some code and I get a blue screen.  Why?  because Microsoft has decided to re-install a bad driver from Clevo.

If you would please add a check on boot for this condition, I'll have your babies.  I don't have a uterus, but we'll work something out.  :blush:   Sort of having children, I'll happily purchase the update.  MS idiots.

Oh, if you need more details, shoot me an email.
    OHHHHHH crap, it actually makes sense, i´ll add code in the Updater to always check for the "Disable Windows Update automatic drivers install".
    Expect an Updater later today... adding it right away!
  • cgilley
    cgilley
    Well crap, guys, I just went across the tabs hit System and I see that the "Disable Windows update automatic drivers"  is checked.
  • cgilley
    cgilley
    Okay part of this confusion is my fault.  I have had Control Station installed along with the Updater app for as long as I can remember.  Control Station just went away - no idea how it was disabled, but I think this is how that damn keyboard filter driver re-engaged (you set things and forget them right?).  I merged the keyboard filter driver with the driver issue in general.

keyboard filter suppressed - check;
    windows drivers update disabled - check;

let's see if I can get through the week.  Funny thing, co-worker of my mine grabbed a Clevo based on my recommendation (slightly different model) - he has never had a BSOD (or so he says).

Appreciate the support and feedback.