ClevoService.exe running away with CPU...

cgilley
cgilley
I run both the fan control and the updater software.  Somewhere in the past month or so, ClevoService has decided it wants more CPU, a lot more.  When my fans go beserk, task manager shows my the culprit ClevoService at 50%+

Now I know the fan s/w wants this running, because if I kill the task, it immediately gripes and wants to restart it.  Once restarted, the task is in the background at negligible CPU.

Just an FYI.  I'm open for any suggestions, or if you need more data, just ask.   This is on a P650HS-G running Windows 10 Professional

• OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    cgilley said:
    I run both the fan control and the updater software.  Somewhere in the past month or so, ClevoService has decided it wants more CPU, a lot more.  When my fans go beserk, task manager shows my the culprit ClevoService at 50%+

Now I know the fan s/w wants this running, because if I kill the task, it immediately gripes and wants to restart it.  Once restarted, the task is in the background at negligible CPU.

Just an FYI.  I'm open for any suggestions, or if you need more data, just ask.   This is on a P650HS-G running Windows 10 Professional
    Is this still happening on the latest version of Fan Control?