Bios update

macraph
macraph
Hi everyone,

I've found out about your company few days ago and i will most certainly buy very soon a U931 with linux on it (elementay installed, loki right ?). One of the classic difficulty on linux system is to upgrade the bios when needed. Most users keep a windows partition on the disk to do so. Will I be able to upgrade the bios directly without windows, booting on a usb key with the bios on it for example ?

Thanks for your reply !

• OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    macraph wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I've found out about your company few days ago and i will most certainly buy very soon a U931 with linux on it (elementay installed, loki right ?). One of the classic difficulty on linux system is to upgrade the bios when needed. Most users keep a windows partition on the disk to do so. Will I be able to upgrade the bios directly without windows, booting on a usb key with the bios on it for example ?

Thanks for your reply !

For the U931 our BIOS package does have Windows updater and DOS updater (just make a bootable DOS usb pen with RUFUS).

It is very easy. I'm using one myself at the moment in ElementaryOS.

Btw we are uploading a new BIOS version today, comes with a new EC for a even more silent fan profile.