OBSIDIAN TOOLS Software

• tiagofmmonteiro
    tiagofmmonteiro
    Great!! I was not reading from file, i was assuming that that function was working on you. I was building that now to test, but if it's working, i'll stop. Great Job!!! :wink:
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    Header.h

private:
    QProcess *checkdriversinstalled;

private slots:
    void checkdriversinstalledfinish();

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Main.cpp:
    MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent) :
    QMainWindow(parent),
    ui(new Ui::MainWindow)
    {
    // Check Drivers installed - make a procress and connect the exit function
    //The process Will call a batch file that will generate a driverscheck.txt with all drivers listed

checkdriversinstalled = new QProcess(this);
    connect(checkdriversinstalled,SIGNAL(finished(int,QProcess::ExitStatus)),this,SLOT(checkdriversinstalledfinish()));

QString program = ("driverview\\getit.bat");
    }

//After the constructor the driverscheck.txt is now generated and we are ready to call the function to get the driver version we want

void MainWindow::checkdriversinstalledfinish(){

QFile textFile("driverview\\driverscheck.txt");
    if (!textFile.open(QIODevice::ReadOnly))
    QMessageBox::information(0,"No Access to Driver Version",textFile.errorString());

QTextStream in(&textFile);
    while(!in.atEnd())
    {
    QString line = in.readLine();
    QStringList line_list = line.split(",");

if(line_list.at(0)=="nvlddmkm.sys"){
    QString version;
    version=line_list.at(1);
    debug(version);
    }
    }
    }

• OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    Yeah i was missing a step, actually what was killing everything was streaming the file while it was actually being generated.
    By using slots and connecting the finish to trigger the read of the file no more crashes!!!!! HURRAY!!!!

Tomorrow you can expect a new version of the app, now it´s time to leave work.

I really need to understand the slot thing in QT.... this is what you get when you decide to do a app with a new platform that you NEVER used!!!!
  • tiagofmmonteiro
    tiagofmmonteiro
    Sure, and without this (while(!in.atEnd())) you couldn't read all lines...

Great job!! I've never used QT too, only discovered it when you talked about it. I've now installed and i'll give a try! All languages are very similar, so, with a few effort, nothing is impossible!!
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    edited December 2016
    Sure, and without this (while(!in.atEnd())) you couldn't read all lines...

Great job!! I've never used QT too, only discovered it when you talked about it. I've now installed and i'll give a try! All languages are very similar, so, with a few effort, nothing is impossible!!

Btw the way i want to mention you in the app notes, what name should i use?
    Tiago Monteiro?
  • tiagofmmonteiro
    tiagofmmonteiro
    edited December 2016

Btw the way i want to mention you in the app notes, what name should i use?
    Tiago Monteiro?

Hi! Eheh, i'd be pretty proud for that! Yes, it can be Tiago Monteiro. Thanks a lot!!! :wink:
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    edited December 2016
    BIG BIG Update in the OBSIDIAN-TOOLS APP!!!

It will now detect your drivers even if you Never used the app!

New system:
    On app start it will use driverview to generate a full list of all drivers installed in your unit.
    And now it compares those with the ones in our server!

Drivers Version based on .sys file:
    For improved accuracy we no longer rely on package version BUT on the driver .sys file version.
    EXAMPLE:
    NVIDIA package 376.33 actually uses driver 21.21.13.7633

Check your drivers is easy now:
    Imagine @Phoenix just found a new driver version, he can now install it, run the OBSIDIAN TOOL app and check the "Installed Version" for the driver he installed (usually after a restart). That is the driver version he should report here. "Guys new IME available for download, installed it and it is version XXX.XXX.XXX"
    If this version is more recent than the one in our server i´ll update it for everyone!

Drivers that are impossible to track with driverview:
    Not many, we found out that only Intel Chipset, Fingerprint for P7 and P8 and Thunderbolt are not possible to track. I may be mistaken if you find the running .sys for those let me know!
    The app does have a backup system for this, it will store the last one you installed using the app so you can keep a track of it ;) (this was the old system which is still useful for this drivers).

Modded Control Center
    All our Control Center are modded, it now does not have the pesky XTU service, if you want to OC, UV, you SHOULD use Throttlestop, modded oem.ini also allows for APP to read version from the hotkey directory. I recommend EVERYONE to re-install controlcenter using the app (FORCE UPDATE).

Expected Bugs - Please Report
    This is a big update in the code, so expect bugs, if you could report stuff like "I updated my driver but the app still reports that the version in the server is more recent", this would be awesome since a lot of drivers versions now use the .sys version i might have missed some version changes in the server (not the actual packages but the version text only so no trouble to you).

Use the in app updater or download latest from here: https://www.obsidian-pc.com/pt/downloads#files/OBSIDIAN TOOL
  • falselot
    falselot
    I'll try it today, thank you for your work!
  • tiagofmmonteiro
    tiagofmmonteiro
    edited December 2016
    Tested now and here's my feedback:
    Intel ME - Detected current and need update. Updated sucessfull!
    Intel CHipset - Not detected, clicked on install and no problem! Detected current after restart;
    LAN - Detected current and need update. Cannot update before removing first on windows control panel;
    Control Center - Detected version .73, and update needed for .90. After update, it seems that installed the version .73 but it shows that is the .90 version. After that, i can't open the CPU_DRAM_OC.exe, it crashes... Is there a .90 version? At least, after updating tha app shows to me .90.
    Audio - Detected current (6.0.1.7824) and need update to 6.0.1.7898. After download and install, he installs the 7824 again.
    Fingerprint - Not detected and not tested yet.

Obsidian P775-DM3G i5-6600K GTX1060 KILLER WIFI/LAN

• OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    Tested now and here's my feedback:
    Intel ME - Detected current and need update. Updated sucessfull!
    Intel CHipset - Not detected, clicked on install and no problem! Detected current after restart;
    LAN - Detected current and need update. Cannot update before removing first on windows control panel;
    Control Center - Detected version .73, and update needed for .90. After update, it seems that installed the version .73 but it shows that is the .90 version. After that, i can't open the CPU_DRAM_OC.exe, it crashes... Is there a .90 version? At least, after updating tha app shows to me .90.
    Audio - Detected current (6.0.1.7824) and need update to 6.0.1.7898. After download and install, he installs the 7824 again.
    Fingerprint - Not detected and not tested yet.

Obsidian P775-DM3G i5-6600K GTX1060 KILLER WIFI/LAN

Thank you!

LAN - Killer Lan is a mess, im change the installer packages to solve that mess

Control Center - As intended!!! Removed the OC XTU service it was causing trouble. Use ThrottleStop to OC andUV. We will next add OC and UV functions to our app ;)

A versão do Audio está fixed, era no nosso servidor que estava a reportar uma versão errada.
  • tiagofmmonteiro
    tiagofmmonteiro
    edited December 2016
    "OBSIDIAN wrote:
    Thank you!

LAN - Killer Lan is a mess, im change the installer packages to solve that mess

Control Center - As intended!!! Removed the OC XTU service it was causing trouble. Use ThrottleStop to OC andUV. We will next add OC and UV functions to our app ;)

A versão do Audio está fixed, era no nosso servidor que estava a reportar uma versão errada.

Great! I've only seen now that you have a modded ControlCenter. I've found online version .88, but after reading what you said, i changed again to yours... And understood why CPU OV was crashing!! :)

Btw, i've downloaded ThrottleStop and the values that he gives to me is what i was previously used? I think he is not UV my CPU... A .ini file would be great! :) And, if you will devel this tab to OC and UV, just wondering if wasn't good to have ObsidianTool loading with system and put it in the system tray! (Ehehe... This guys, always asking for something more......) :)
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    No matter what software you use when you change the values they are stored in BIOS.
    Unless you reset your BIOS they are safe.

On throttlestop the first thing you do is click FIVR and check you CPU Core Offset Voltage, remember if you set -100mv to CPU Offset Voltage you also need to set the exact same value to CPU Cache Voltage Offset.

Multipliers are easy to understand they are on the left in the FIVR, there you can set max multipliers.
  • tiagofmmonteiro
    tiagofmmonteiro
    No matter what software you use when you change the values they are stored in BIOS.
    Unless you reset your BIOS they are safe.

On throttlestop the first thing you do is click FIVR and check you CPU Core Offset Voltage, remember if you set -100mv to CPU Offset Voltage you also need to set the exact same value to CPU Cache Voltage Offset.

Multipliers are easy to understand they are on the left in the FIVR, there you can set max multipliers.

Done! That's it!! Thanks again
  • tiagofmmonteiro
    tiagofmmonteiro
    Hi!

After update my P775 ControlCenter to 5.xxxx.04, in the app shows now as Installed version "Control Center 5.0001.1".

Happy new year!!
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    Hi!

After update my P775 ControlCenter to 5.xxxx.04, in the app shows now as Installed version "Control Center 5.0001.1".

Happy new year!!

Are you sure about that?
    I just tried it myself and it is showing the correct version.
    The app fetches the version number from :
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Hotkey\oem.ini

Di you install control center using the app?
  • tiagofmmonteiro
    tiagofmmonteiro
    edited January 2017
    Yes, i installed using the App... In my drivers folder there's one calling ControlCenter. But i found this oem.ini interesting:
    version=Control Center v5.0001.1.04
    SupportXTUFanTable=1
    SupportGPUOC=0

I cannot saw this, and i notice that my CPU_DRAM_OC was again insystem tray.... But despised that and don''t had a look....

So, i renamed this folder and now have installed it again! No problem, it has a different oem.ini, for sure...

Great job!!
  • tiagofmmonteiro
    tiagofmmonteiro
    Hi!

For updating the App from version 1.1.xxx to 1.2.xxxx i needed to download it again and overwrite files with new ones.

Now, it says that theres is an update to Killer BT, but i can't find where i can update them...

Best regards!!
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    Hi!

For updating the App from version 1.1.xxx to 1.2.xxxx i needed to download it again and overwrite files with new ones.

Now, it says that theres is an update to Killer BT, but i can't find where i can update them...

Best regards!!

The KillerBT is in the tab "OTHERS"
    If you go there and press update nothing happens?
    Can you explain the problem please?

Thanks

• tiagofmmonteiro
    tiagofmmonteiro

The KillerBT is in the tab "OTHERS"
    If you go there and press update nothing happens?
    Can you explain the problem please?

Thanks

On "Others" there's only Sound Blaster, Thunderbolt and Intel Rapid Storage, and on bottom there is the Killer Wifi.

Everytime that i click on refresh, on booth others and main drivers page, he notifies me for that Killer BT update...

PS: I notice that you have version 1.02.02 on your website to download, but the version available for download it's the 1.02.01 (check on version.ini), and occurs an error when trying to delete upaupa.exe on autoupdate to version 1.02.02. After that, the App opens in version 1.2.02, but it's doing this "error" with the KillerBT. Maybe related, no?

• OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    edited February 2017
    On "Others" there's only Sound Blaster, Thunderbolt and Intel Rapid Storage, and on bottom there is the Killer Wifi.

Everytime that i click on refresh, on booth others and main drivers page, he notifies me for that Killer BT update...

PS: I notice that you have version 1.02.02 on your website to download, but the version available for download it's the 1.02.01 (check on version.ini), and occurs an error when trying to delete upaupa.exe on autoupdate to version 1.02.02. After that, the App opens in version 1.2.02, but it's doing this "error" with the KillerBT. Maybe related, no?

Fixed! Please update.
    The update error will go away after the next update.
    That error makes no difference, is just that i add to include the new updater .exe (upaupa.exe) and it cant be replaced while it´s open.

• tiagofmmonteiro
    tiagofmmonteiro
    It worked! Thanks.

But now its showing as current verison 10.0.0.279 and the latest is 10.0.0.256... Weird...
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    It worked! Thanks.

But now its showing as current verison 10.0.0.279 and the latest is 10.0.0.256... Weird...

Yeah minor problem, since i changed all files in the server some might not be updated.
    I think that was the only one missing, should show up correctly now.
  • tiagofmmonteiro
    tiagofmmonteiro
    Hi! Is there an update for my Killer Wifi on P775-DM3. When updating, it says that my hardware is not compatible...
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    Hi! Is there an update for my Killer Wifi on P775-DM3. When updating, it says that my hardware is not compatible...

Going to test it ASAP, will report back.
  • amundsen
    amundsen
    edited August 2017
    Hello, some time ago I was told that the documentation about BIOS optimization would be included in the tool (ThrottleStop I suppose?). I still can't see any documentation in there. Where can I get an how-to?
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    amundsen wrote: »
    Hello, some time ago I was told that the documentation about BIOS optimization would be included in the tool (ThrottleStop I suppose?). I still can't see any documentation in there. Where can I get an how-to?

You mean instruction on how to use throttlestop?