Half of the Jack ports are not working -> No microphone.

vynzs
vynzs
edited May 2017 in Help! I need Help!
Just as the title says.
I got my P775DM3G 120hz today.

I reinstalled windows once I got my laptop, installed all the drivers through obsidian app, but I can't seem to get my headset work properly. It seems it only detects when I plug something 2 of the ports, and sadly I can't remap them (when I plug the mic in the realtec sound configurator thingy I only get the choice between line out and side speaker out), so I can only get sound, but no mic.

I tried reinstalling the drivers, but it didn't work. It doesn't come from the headset because it works fine on my old laptop. Built-in mic appears to work fine.

• vynzs
    vynzs
    Oh and I also tried the very latest driver from the Obsidian app (the ones that break SBX or something), and with them I didn't even manage to get sound.
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    vynzs wrote: »
    Oh and I also tried the very latest driver from the Obsidian app (the ones that break SBX or something), and with them I didn't even manage to get sound.

As we talked in our chat system, we will do some testing in your unit by teamviewer, we will also test the drivers in one of our units to check if it is driver related or if it is indeed a hardware problem.

• vynzs
    vynzs
    Final Update :

After a lengthy discussion, we concluded that it was an hardware issue. I won't send my laptop back for repairs right away since it works fine otherwise, and I have an usb soundcard to plug my mic in.
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    edited May 2017
    vynzs wrote: »
    Final Update :

After a lengthy discussion, we concluded that it was an hardware issue. I won't send my laptop back for repairs right away since it works fine otherwise, and I have an usb soundcard to plug my mic in.

Yeah that is very unfortunate.
    Just let us know when you want us to repair/replace the audio module.