Touchpad driver mess (also an Obsidian utility issue)

amundsen
amundsen
Hello,

I am using a P775DM3-G under Windows 10.

First, I need to point an issue with the Obsidian utility. After update of another driver, the touchpad was not functioning anymore. So I bought a mouse, deinstalled the touchpad driver and let the system reinstall it after a reboot. However the version was "unindentified" in the utility so I launched the update. The download started then only the red spinning wheel remained and ran forever. So I had to force reboot.

Second, now I have this issue: the trackpad is identified as a precision trackpad but it seems that the multitouch is not functioning anymore. I can't scroll or pinch using two fingers even if the corresponding options are activated in Windows touchpad settings.

How do I solve this?

• OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    The latest Intel ME driver is the one that makes the touchpad not working.
    By simply re-installing the touchpad driver again it gets fixed.
  • amundsen
    amundsen
    So, I have removed the device from the device manager (I think the name was Synaptics SM driver or somehintg like that). Now after reboot Windows has installed the Synaptics HID-Compliant Touch pad Device. First,, it is strange that the device has another name. Second, I still can't scroll with two fingers. What's wrong?
  • OBSIDIAN PC
    OBSIDIAN PC
    With the latest Synaptics in Windows 10, the settings for touchpad should be configured inside Windows Settings.
    Go to Definitions and search for Touchpad.
    There you can setup the touchpad however you like it:
    -Settings -> Devices -> Touchpad
    Enable the touchpad there and it should be good.
  • amundsen
    amundsen
    The way this issue has been solved is very strange: I was just going to post an answer to latest message when I had a blue screen and Windows rebooted automatically. Since that moment the driver does its job. I couldn't write down the whole message displayed but there was something with "not less than or equal" inside.

I am happy because the issue has been solved but not so happy because if it happened again I wouldn't know what to do...